CBFRML is a sub-component of the AIFRERMIP which intends to:
- Reduce communities’ vulnerabilities and strengthen their ability to proactively cope with floods.
- Strengthen linkages between communities and local governments and help government’s flood and livelihood intervention.
These are achieved through:
- Flood education to relevant stakeholders from district to village levels.
- Effective Flood Early Warning systems instituted in each village.
- Participatory planning of flood preparedness, response and recovery mechanism.
- Implementation of community prioritised subproject for flood mitigation; and
- Institutionalisation of community groups at village, gram panchayat and block levels.